Content size by content type
Requests by content type
Content size by domain
Requests by domain
0 0.5s 1s 1.5s 2s 2.5s
The following colors are used in the bars in the waterfall chart to indicate the different stages of a request.
|DNS||Web browser is looking up DNS information|
|SSL||Web browser is performing a SSL handshake|
|Connect||Web browser is connecting to the server|
|Send||Web browser is sending data to the server|
|Wait||Web browser is waiting for data from the server|
|Receive||Web browser is receiving data from the server|
The following icons are used to indicate different content types.
|Text/plain||Plain text document|
|Other||Any other content type, for example flash files|
|Warning||The request got a 4XX, 5XX response or couldn’t be loaded|
|Redirect||The request got a 3XX response and was redirected|
Server Response Codes
To make it easy for you to differentiate between the HTTP response codes in the waterfall chart, we’ve color-coded the text and background of each URL.
|URL||2xx||The server responded with a successful code|
|URL||3xx||The request was redirected to another target|
|URL||4xx||A client error occured, for example 404 page not found|
|URL||5xx||A server error occured, for example 500 internal server error|
|URL||Error||Connection error, no response from the server|
Pingdom offers cost-effective and reliable uptime and performance monitoring for your websites. We use more than 70 global polling locations to test and verify our customers’ sites 24/7, all year long. With Pingdom you can monitor your website’s uptime, performance, and interactions for a better end-user-experience. Your customers will thank you.
Nobody Likes a Slow Website – We built this Website Speed Test to help you analyze the load speed of your websites and learn how to make them faster. It lets you identify what about a web page is fast, slow, too big, what best practices you’re not following, and so on. We have tried to make it useful both to experts and novices alike.
In short, we wanted it to be a easy-to-use tool to help webmasters and web developers everywhere optimize the performance of their websites.
- Performance overview – We automatically put together plenty of performance-related statistics for you based on the test result
- Performance grade and tips – See how your website conforms to performance best practices from Google Page Speed (similar to Yahoo’s Yslow). You can get some great tips on how to speed up your website this way.
- Trace your performance history – We save each test for you so you can review it later and also see how things change over time (with pretty charts!).
- Test from multiple locations – See how fast a website loads in Europe, the United States, etc.
- Share your results – We’ve made it easy for you to perform a test and share it with your friends, work colleagues or web host.
How it works
All tests are done with real web browsers, so the results match the end-user experience exactly. We use a bunch of instances of Google’s Chrome web browser to load websites, record performance data, and so on. Tests are done from dedicated Pingdom servers.
- Uptime Monitoring
- Website Performance Monitoring
- Real User Monitoring
- Synthetic Monitoring
- End User Monitoring
- Website Speed Testing
- Website Downtime Monitoring
- Server Uptime Monitoring
- Page Speed Monitor
- Website Monitoring
- Website Availability Monitoring
- Website Monitoring Service
- Digital Experience Monitoring
- Transaction Monitoring